Submissions for Fourplay presents WHOLE are now open!
Between 8th and 9th June, four new plays will be performed at a secret location in Paris. Each play will have been inspired specifically by the four short film clips that can be found on the website [ www dot fourplay dot fr ]. These clips can be interpreted in any way the playwrights choose.
1. Send the PITCH ONLY of roughly 600 words describing the plot and genre of the play, details of characters, what stage elements/props you might need, and details of how you have been inspired by the films.
2. Your pitch must clearly explain how each video clip will be interpreted in your script. The videos will not be projected onto the stage. The scripts must reflect either a specific action or the general atmosphere of EVERY video.
3. Plays must be on the theme "WHOLE".
4. Plays can only be a maximum of 20 minutes from start to finish.
5. Plays can have up to 4 characters.
6. The stage elements are limited to 4 props, of the playwrights' choosing.
7. Costume is limited to black clothing and accessories to denote character.
8. The stage will have a very basic light set-up.
9. The stage will be approx. 3.5m (width) x 2m (depth).
10. The plays will be performed in Paris, but submissions are not limited to Paris-based writers.
11. SUBMISSIONS CLOSE ON 4th MAY 2018.
Send all questions and pitches to play at fourplay dot fr before FRIDAY 4th MAY 2017.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities